Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Little Blessing



You never know how powerful a little pink line or three letter word can be until you see what I saw today. Obviously the faint, pale pink line wasn't enough for me to completely believe so I had to go digital, too.

I have had a pretty good idea that I was pregnant for at least a week. I've just felt different, of sorts, and not completely myself. Super tired, super hungry, pregnant. I never let Jered know any of this, so when he came home from work tonight he had a big surprise. I had Parker take Jered a gift bag and told him it was a late Christmas gift. Jered had no suspicions because on Christmas day I told him that he still had one more gift coming {and I still haven't gotten it}, so when he began taking the tissue paper out of the bag he had no idea what to expect. Much to his shock, he pulled out my two positive pregnancy tests. I have never seen my husband speechless...until now. I think it was a combination of complete and utter disbelief, happiness, fear, and probably about 20 other emotions all at the same time.

So the big question, was this planned? Kinda. Not really. We had talked about maybe starting to try in the next few months. God had different plans.

What have we learned through this? It only takes one time, Santa sure does bring some amazing gifts on Christmas Eve {if you catch my drift}, and God's timing and plans are always perfect. According to my calculations, our little one will be arriving sometime in September.

For this new little blessing we are truly grateful.

3 comments:

  1. Great news! It is amazing how God works. Don't plan anything because his plans are usually different and much better. Congrat's! Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! For some reason, I just thought I should check your blog today!! What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just heard the good news, so happy for yall. And yes, God has blessed your day. Love ya, Aunt Andree

    ReplyDelete