Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Did That Really Just Happen?

What a morning, really just the last 30 minutes, we have had. Parker didn't go to Mother's Day Out today because I don't want to risk him getting the swine flu. I know, call me crazy, but if I had sent him and he did get sick, I would feel completely selfish and horrible for sending him for no reason. Don't get me wrong, I sure did miss my 5 hours off to get stuff done, but it was fun getting to pick Daddy up from work and go out to lunch with him. As we were leaving the restaurant, Parker walked straight into the corner of a wooden table. Expect a huge shiner under his left eye in the days to come. We took Daddy back to work after lunch and picked Prancer up from the clinic because Jered took him to work this morning to run some blood work. This may sound like a seemingly unimportant detail, but it is very crucial in the minutes to come.

As we pulled into our neighborhood, I decided to stop by a friend's house to pick up Parker's water and snack cup that we left there last night. I jumped out of my running car, Parker and Prancer inside, and ran up to her front door to get Parker's items. Thirty seconds later I come back to my car, and it is locked! Are you kidding me?!? Prancer had stepped on the door lock and had proceeded to lock every door in my car. Seriously. Everything was locked inside my running car...Parker, Prancer, my purse, my cell phone. I ran back in to get Kimberly's cell phone so that I could call Jered. Thankfully, his meeting hadn't started and he only works about 5 minutes away, so he drove over with the extra set of keys to unlock my car. Parker did ok the first few minutes in the car, but he then began to get upset and didn't understand why he couldn't get out and why I wasn't getting in.



This was Parker right after I got back into the car. He was a little upset (and very tired) about the whole situation.


Happy that Mommy was back in the car and we were home.

No comments:

Post a Comment