Sunday, July 19, 2009

Big Boy Bed



With little Ainsley joining our family in just two short months, we decided it was time to move Parker to his big boy bed. We wanted him to have plenty of time to adjust to his new room, "his" crib in another room, and give me enough time to recoup after sleepless nights with Parker before I have to face sleepless nights with Ainsley. Parker spent his first night in the twin bed Friday and did great! We told him the one rule he had to follow was that he was not allowed to get out of his bed without Mommy or Daddy. Since Friday night, I've only had to go into his room once in the middle of the night to help him find one of his pacis. When he needs something or when he wakes up in the mornings or from his naps, he stays in his bed and calls "Mommy" until I come to his room.

As far as the bedding goes, Jered wanted Parker to have the comforter he used when he was a little boy. The comforter is 25 years old and has held up great, and the sentimental value is priceless. I, however, bought another comforter that I just love. I still can't bring myself to return it because I'm holding out that Parker will get to use it one day. :) At this point, Parker doesn't even sleep under the comforter. He prefers to sleep on top of the comforter and use one of his blankies that he used in his crib. If that makes him happy, I am all about it! Here's to many, many more sleep-filled nights in the big boy bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment