Friday, September 18, 2009

Ainsley's Birth Day!

We woke up bright and early at 5:30 a.m. this morning to get ready to go to the hospital and meet our baby girl. We arrived at the hospital a little before 7 a.m., checked in, and waited for our nurse to come get us. By 7:30 a.m. I was hooked up to my IV's and my doctor came around, checked me and broke my water by 7:45 a.m. At that time, I was dilated to 3 cm and 75% effaced.


Laboring at about 8:15 a.m. and waiting on my epidural. Not feeling too much pain yet.


Shortly after my doctor broke my water, the nurse started my Pitocin and got me on the waiting list for my epidural. The hospital had five inductions this morning, several had report times earlier than me, so I was about third on the list to receive my epidural. That meant I got to feel contractions for about an hour -- plenty for me! Finally, about 9:15 a.m., and not a moment too soon, the nurse anesthetist arrived to give me my epidural. He had a little trouble getting in between my vertebrae, but after a little poking and prodding and pain, he got me all set up. Praise the Lord for epidurals! I began feeling relief within about 15 minutes and was completely numb within 30 minutes.My nurse checked me again about 10:30 a.m. and I was dilated to 6 cm. For the most part, I was pain-free at this point and just waiting to get to a 10. My doctor came by at noon and I was dilated to 8 cm. He went and had lunch, came back at 1 p.m. and said I was at 10 cm and ready to go. At 1:19 p.m., after about 3 or 4 pushes, Ainsley Grace made her grand entrance into the world!


Ainsley Grace Johnston -- 7 pounds, 6 ounces -- 19 inches

I couldn't believe all that dark hair, how short and plump she was and that she had rolls! Parker was long and skinny -- only 6 pounds, 3 ounces and 20 1/2 inches long.


First picture with Mommy and Daddy -- right after this picture all of our family and friends came in to meet Ainsley. Within her first hour of life, she was welcomed by my grandparents, my mom, Jered's parents and Candy (Aunt Caca). My brother and his girlfriend had been at the hospital but graciously went to our house to watch Parker so J-Pa and T-Ma could come meet Ainsley.


Our first, and only so far, family picture. Parker didn't care much about Ainsley -- all he wanted to do was sit with Mommy and drink my Dr. Pepper!

No comments:

Post a Comment