Tuesday, June 23, 2009

First Day of Summer School



Today was Parker's first day back at MDO in three weeks. This preggo momma was about to go crazy! He moved up rooms this time and now has new teachers and new friends in his class. He also had to nap on a napmat for the first time...ever. Let me remind you that his previous teachers had a difficult time even getting him to nap in his crib at MDO. He would often have to ride in the "Bye-Bye Buggy" (a large stroller that seats 8-10) during naptime as to not wake his fellow classmates. I'll let you guess whether or not he napped on his napmat...uh, no. However, 7 out of 10 did not. His teacher said he did lay quietly on his mat and read books while others slept. I guess it's a start.

One story I don't want to forget: I stopped by to ask his previous teacher, Mrs. Aline, a question when I picked Parker up from MDO today, and she told me when Parker saw her he ran up, gave her a hug and wouldn't let go of her hand. He loved Mrs. Aline, and Mrs. Aline loved him!

The picture was taken on our way to school. He was excited to go and really does like it! He didn't even cry when I dropped him off at his new room today.

No comments:

Post a Comment