Saturday, June 27, 2009

McKenna Children's Museum

We are in New Braunfels this weekend for Jered to get some continuing education hours, so while he is away in meetings all day, Parker and I have to stay entertained. This morning we visited the McKenna Children's Museum. It was a really neat place, and Parker had fun even though he was short about 5 hours of sleep due to traveling and sleeping arrangements last night.

The train table is what he spotted the minute we walked in the door. I was beginning to think I paid $15 for him to play with trains. After about 45 minutes of trains, I finally convinced him to walk around and check out some other stuff.


He so badly wanted these horses to rock and move.


When we ventured outside to"The Great Outdoors," Parker said he wanted to get in the water. If you've noticed from some previous posts, I often let him strip down on the back porch and play in the water. Well, Parker began taking his shorts off as soon as we walked outside! He was ready to get in the water. Man, now I sure do wish I had a picture of him with his shorts around his ankles, but at the time, I was just desperate trying to convince him that he had to keep his clothes on!

As we left the museum, Parker had a meltdown of epic proportions all the way back to the hotel. His fatigue finally caught up with him, so we had some lunch and he's been asleep for 3 hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment